We had a wonderful stake conference a couple of weeks ago. Something that really stood out to me was the statement, "Our challenges create defining points in our lives." I've found myself pondering this a lot lately.
Almost exactly a year ago it seemed that my world was crumbling. We lost so much in such a short amount of time. But I was given a promise that if I was faithful, everything would be fine. Now looking back, one year later, everything is fine, it's better than fine! I am so grateful that the Lord knows what is best for me and my family. I am grateful for the trials and challenges that he gives me. Although I hope to never go through those things again, I'm glad that I did. I have grown so much in the past year. I have learned to appreciate all the little things and never take them for granted. I truly believe that you can't experience joy without sorrow, they go hand in hand.
Do our challenges define us? Just as I said a year ago, my challenges have helped me to become the woman that I am suppose to become. My challenges truly have defined me and I am grateful for them!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
I love you guys! Although I miss you like crazy I am so grateful that everything did work out for you and that you are happy. And I'm glad that I'll get to see you guys when you come to Utah. Tell Mike to bring his Paint Ball gun because Andrew got one for Christmas.
I couldn't agree with you more! We learn specific things from the different experinces in life whether they be hard or not. Great post, thanks! I am happy that things are going well for you guys!
yes is it the small and simple things that seem to be the hardest. And like you I'm grateful for them. of course more after the fact :) But also thank you for your testimony its nice to hear others feelings.
You are so beautiful! I totally agree with everything you said!!
I'm glad you can see how much it's helped you. We miss you guys!
Amen! I love you!
Wow, you expressed it so well that it brought tears to my eyes. We are so very grateful that you are a part of our family. We love you so very much!
You're awesome, Keli!
You are awesome! I needed to hear that tonight for my own reasons. I wish I knew how to always keep stuff like this with me all the time. It's so easy to forget.
Thanks for sharing this. Trials are so hard sometimes I just hope that while I endure them that I can have enough faith to see the good and get through.
Post a Comment