Anyone that has been out to visit us and met our neighbors know that they are incredible people! Mike and I often talk about what great members they would be in the church. Mom and Dad D sent us the 21-day promise given to them by the missionaries. Basically it is a promise by a general authority that if you make a list of non-member friends and pray for them for 21 days then at least one of those people will be prepared to hear the missionary lessons. We shared this promise with the missionaries from our ward and promised them that we would take the challenge. Of course our neighbors are on the top of our list.
We had a ward BBQ on Friday night that I invited them to. It was a lot of fun and they fit in perfectly. They didn't seem at all uncomfortable, so that was great! Then last night was enrichment and I decided to invite them to that as well. They accepted the invitation and even made a dish for the potluck dinner. Enrichment was focused on being prepared in case of a natural disaster. They participated in everything that went on and then thanked me numerous times for inviting them.
This was such a great experience for me because I am not the vocal type of missionary that Mike is. I've found that it is much easier for me to teach by example. So the work in northern California continues and hopefully we will be able to make a difference! If anyone would like a copy of this 21-day promise please let me know and I will send it to you, it is amazing!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment