Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Sick
On Saturday we were on our way to the farmer's market when Jamison started throwing up everywhere. I don't think I've ever seen so much come out of him before. Mike pulled the car over and I jumped out to get him out of his carseat. His hoodie, shirt, pants, and carseat were all covered. I started stripping his clothes off of him, which resulted in vomit smeared in his hair. It was a bit chilly that morning so thankfully I had a blanket on hand that I wrapped him in. I sat in the backseat cleaning up his carseat with baby wipes (thank goodness for them). Finally, after getting everything cleaned up the best I could I stuck Jamison back in his seat and we made our way home. Poor little guy. I was grateful that he didn't act sick at all after throwing up. After getting home, giving Jamison a bath, thoroughly cleaning the carseat, and rinsing out his clothes, I turned to Mike and said "It's amazing how easy it is for me to clean up vomit when it's my own kid." If it was anybody else I probably would have been gagging the whole time I was cleaning it up. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father makes us mothers so strong so that we can nurture and take care of our children's needs. I love being a mother and everything that comes with it, even the vomit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
What a good mommy your are! We are sooo grateful that you are a Dyal and that you love and care for that cute little guy (and your big guy as well. Love you all, Mom D
Post a Comment