Friday, February 13, 2009

Great Faith

Last week life decided to knock us down, and knock us down hard.

On Monday night I lost our unborn baby. I started having a little bit of spotting the day before, and like any expecting mother, I was worried. I had Mike give me a priesthood blessing which helped calm me a little. I had a slight feeling during the blessing that I would lose the baby, but that everything would be fine if I had faith. Afterwards, I spent a lot of time by myself crying and praying to Heavenly Father for comfort and prayed that His will would be done. When the miscarriage came I was still very emotional but felt prepared at the same time.

The next morning Mike called me and told me that he had just been laid off from his job because of the lack of work the company had. You can imagine the emotional state I was in at that point. I felt like the world was crumbling down around me. I kept wondering why this couldn't have happened two months ago, before we bought a house. Through prayer I was again reminded that everything would be fine if I had faith and did not fear.

Although this has been a very trying time for our family, it has also been a reminder of what is really important. In two days we lost so much, but there is so much that we still have. We have each other, a roof over our heads, a vehicle to get us where we need to go, family and friends to encourage us, and most importantly, the Lord to carry us through these hard times. I can't imagine trying to get through this without His help. I can't imagine not knowing that He has a plan for our family and that He knows what is best for us. I am very grateful for our trials, as hard as they may be. They make me the woman I am suppose to become. I love my Heavenly Father and have faith that things are going to be just fine!

13 comments:

julie said...

Thanks for the post. It is a good reminder to al of us of juts what you said...the things that are important in life. It is comforting to know that no matter what happens in life we have our families and the Lord to get us through. I am sorry that these things have happened. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to lose your baby. It is sometimes so hard to understand why certain things happen, but it is good to know the Lord sees the bigger picture & takes care of us. I will be thinking of you guys and praying that all will turn out...and it will. :)

Ruthie said...

Wow, what a rough couple of days. I had no idea you were expecting. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that things start looking up for you guys soon, you will be in my prayers! I admire your faith and know you will be blessed because of it. Hang in there!

Felicia said...

Hey Kel! Just want you to know that we are thinking and praying for you. Love you guys!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Oh, Keli, I'm so sorry! I am glad that you have the faith and courage it will take to get you through this time. Love and miss you guys. Good luck with everything.

Jennifer Dyal said...

Thanks for sharing, Kel. Love you lots and lots!

dandnblack said...

Thank you so much for sharing Keli! You are such an amazing woman. It is comforting to me to know that unfortunate things happen to all of us at certain times and that they are all made specifically for us. I don't always understand but I to know that there is a plan for us and I hope that we all can endure til the end.

Michal said...

i'm so sorry. you will be in my prayers. i, too, know that the lord will bless and guide you through this, and that if you lean on him, you will come out of it better than when you started. we love you!

April said...

Keli, I am so sorry to hear about all that happened. Your faith is a strength to me and what a blessing your faith is to you and your family. You will truly be blessed for your testimony. I didn't know that you were expecting and that you bought a house. Where are you living now? call me for anything!!!! You should come up one of these days and we'll chat while the kids play. (209.8165)

Jaron and Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about everything! Just remember everything happens for a reason and it will all work out in the end!

Jaron and Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about everything! Just remember everything happens for a reason and it will all work out in the end!

Dana said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I wish we lived closer so that we could do something for you. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I love you hon, we have good friends (even if THEY choose to live so far away from us) I am glad that we grew through this together.
miked

The Hone's said...

Im sorry to hear that you lost a baby. I lost 4 unborn babies. It is the hardest thing. If you need anyone to talk to im here. I just had to keep telling myself that there must have been a reason they didnt make it here. Even though that is still so hard.