Sunday, May 16, 2010

Times of Trial

I think Heavenly Father is determined to make me tough as nails. Mike came home from work on Friday and informed me that he lost his job. I shed a few tears before we decided to head to the beach to enjoy the sunset. As I was watching Jamison and Mike build sand castles and run around the beach I realized that I have all I will ever need. My little family is what brings pure joy and happiness to my life, not money. Without them my life wouldn't be complete.

Jeffrey R. Holland said, "When suffering, we may in fact be nearer to God than we've ever been in our entire lives. That knowledge can turn every such situation into a would-be temple. Regarding our earthly journey, the Lord has promised, 'I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up' (D&C 84:88). That is an everlasting declaration of God's love and care for us, including--and perhaps especially--in times of trouble."

I felt so much comfort tonight after reading these words. I know that the Lord does not abandon us in our times of need. It is during those times that we grow closer to Him than ever before. I am looking forward to the opportunity that I have to grow as an individual during this trial.

16 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Oh man! I was just thinking about you guys and wondering how things are going for you. I'm glad you are staying positive. We love and miss you guys up here!

Jessica said...

I'm pretty sure this means you have to move to Utah. Yep, so I'll see you guys soon, K? I love you and we'll be praying for you guys.

Adrie said...

I am so sorry to hear that. You are such a positive person, I admire you!

T Daley said...

Oh Keli! I am sorry to hear that... but you are RIGHT about the whole you will come out of this trial a better stronger person. Keep up with the good attitude and we will be praying that something even better comes your way.

The Perry's said...

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope that everything is working out for you and your family.

Laura Ek said...

Keli- I am so sorry to hear the news. Keep your chin up, you are an amazing wife and mother!

Candace said...

And when one door closes..

He opens up another one for us.

Love your positive outlook, and I am certain with that kind of attitude, good things are bound to come your way!

We will keep you in our prayers~

mikelle said...

We are so sorry to hear that news Keli! Please let us know if you need anything.

Pam said...

So sorry to hear this. But you are right about trials. Having had a really rough year, I look back and see how much my testimony has grown. Becoming perfected is hard stuff. Keeping you in my prayers.

Dana said...

I am so sorry you have this trial. You are both so amazingly strong and faithful that you will find where you need to be in no time.
You are in our prayers.

char said...

Keli, I love you and think you are such an amazing person! I hope everything work's out. I know with your faith and determination it will! You have such a beautiful family! I love you lot's and miss u muchly hope I can see you soon...Everything will work out .. Love ya

julie said...

I am really sorry you two have to experience this right now!! Like everyone else has said, you are both strong and I am sure good things are in store for the future. We will keep you in our thoughts...hang in there.
By the way, thanks for the nice comment on Jack. :)

Nicole, Paul, Ike and Aubs said...

We love you guys! Thanks for sharing the quote from Elder Holland. The gospel perspective makes all the difference. You guys are amazing.

The Nielsens said...

Ok, so I'm blog surfing today and found YOU, hope you don't mind (: So first of all you look amazing, I love your hair, you look so happy and your smile is gorgeous as always! Second, Your little boy is so adorable! Third, my husband came home in January with the same news about his job. He actually spent some time in December and early January working down in California. Where are you at? He stayed with a family in Laguna Niguel. Then things just didn't work out. Anyways, I hope you're doing ok. Hopefully your husband has found something else, if not I can tell you from personal experience of last 5 months that somehow it all works out. I love Elder Holland, he is one of my favorites, and I love the messsage of his you shared. It's so absolutely true! I think about you from time to time and wonder how you're doing, blogs are so fun. Anyways, hang in there. (I know you can get REALLY tired of hearing that from everyone) One thing we are learning is that through these trials and tough times we are still trying to enjoy the journey and live life along the way. I love that your little family can go to the beach and do the same! Elisha

Alicia said...

Keli! I found your blog on Lori's. I hope that all will go well. Heavenly Father really is watching over you and when he closes a door he always opens a window.

Cheyenne said...

It's been a couple of months since your last post, and I'm hoping that things are looking more optimistic since that day in May. I can understand from personal experience the hit that comes when your husband loses his job--I'll never forget that day Zack came home and broke the news. It's a challenging time for the Dad, feeling a big blow to confidence and worrying about providing for his family. And it's really tough for Mom, trying to be positive and optimistic and help the family keep running in this new state. That experience for us was one of the most spiritual times of our lives. It changed forever our perspectives on what really is important, how to do with less, and brought us so much closer to the Lord. Looking forward to hearing an update on how you're all doing. In the meantime, you're in our prayers. :) love, Cheyenne Robertson