Thursday, June 5, 2008

Don't Think Out Loud

Today started out as any normal day: breakfast, laundry, checking e-mails, trying to keep Jamison out of the dog food (why is he hungry, he just ate breakfast). I found myself thinking that I never have any crazy stories to tell on my blog like some of my friends do. No bee stings on the face or pigs running down the street with the police chasing them.

Well, as I walked back into the kitchen I was in for a surprise. There was about two inches of water covering the entire kitchen! As I ran to turn off the washer my first thought was "Oh no, my towels haven't gone through the rinse cycle yet, I'm going to have to rinse them by hand." Why am I worried about my towels when my floor has turned into a lake? My next thought was "How am I going to clean up the water when my towels are in the washer?" I ran to the linen closet to find only four towels available. That wouldn't even put a dent in the lake. I decided the only thing I could do was start sweeping the water out the kitchen door. Yes, I did say sweep, the only mop I have is the Swiffer kind which is useless at a time like this. As I was sweeping, Jamison was having the greatest day of his life swimming in the kitchen. After about 45 minutes of sweeping and mopping I finally got the water cleaned up and the washer working.

Through this experience I've learned that I shouldn't think too loud unless I need another exciting post!

4 comments:

Felicia said...

Hilarious! Nothing like a quiet day at home!

Dana said...

I just saw the comment you left on my blog and hoped you had posted a story on here about your trauma. Funny and Sad. I hate stuff like that! I love that Jamison had so much fun in the water!
You definitely need to go get a shop vac. I just picked mine up and it is the perfect size.

Michal said...

yikes! at least you could find the silver lining by making into a blog post. that's a crack up that jamison was swimming around in it. i probably would have wasted all sorts of energy trying to keep my kids out of the water!

April said...

That is so funny!!! i am still laughing. I am glad that you got everything cleaned up!

Jamison is such a cutie!! I can't believe that he is already one! The time has gone so fast! I think that he is such a handsome little man! Miss ya! We'll have to get together soon!